Saturday, October 1, 2011

Trial of the Millennium - Doctors (Bahrain)

In the most ludicrous, absurd and insane trial of the Millenium, 20 professional doctors, nurses and paramedics were sentenced to 5-15 years imprisonment in a military court, accused of occupying a hospital, refusing to treat Suuni patients, hiding weapons (klashinkovs) inside the hospital's premises, conducting unnecessary operations to the wounded and plotting to overthrow the regime!!

That's the link to the official statement and details of the accusations and alleged confessions:


First page of the absurd report by the Bahraini Goverment


“I was charged with occupying a hospital using weapons. All of this is untrue. It’s just because I have treated a protestor, who have been attacked by the use of live ammunition. I reported that to the BBC and I reported that to other media. Because of this, I was arrested and I was charged and now I’m sentenced for 15 years”, Dr Bassim Dhaif said, a senior consultant at Salmaniya Medical Complex and an Orthopedic surgeon, on the 30th of September 2011, to Channel 4 News, one day after he, and other professional doctors, were sentenced to 15 years imprisonment through an unfair political trial.


Dr. Dhaif speaking to Channel 4 News, using a Webcam


He continues, “We are twelve health professionals, thirteen consultants… All those thirteen consultants sentences to about 15 years. The other doctors were charged with various sentences ranging between 5 to 15. Is that justice? Is that what the world wants to see? Their doctors, who offered their services…”, Dr Bassim continues to speak to the channel through a webcam, while awaiting for his arrest warrant. Dr Bassim, his brother Dr Ghassan and his brother’s wife Dr Zahra Al-Sammak were all sentenced in the same military court to 15, 15 and 5 years, respectively.

Dr Bassim continues, “I have been working in the Ministry of Health for the past 25 years. I’m a consultant. I’m a senior consultant for the past 14 years. I’m an associate professor at the medical school. I have a family. My wife is a doctor. I have a family; four of my kid, now, under the psychological burden of seeing their dad go to jail for fifteen years”.




Dr Dhaif describes how he was treated while in custody, “I was kept in solitary confinement for eight days. My interrogation was after many, many days; 23 days of continuous kinds and deprivation of sleep, without the presence of my lawyer and non specific charges were read to me during that interrogation”.

Host: “When you say various kinds of physical torture, can you tell us what you mean?”

Dr Bassim: “Various attacks and blow on my head, on my face, on my body, on my legs. I was kept standing continuously for twelve days, and following those twelve days, I developed massive swelling of both of my legs. This is an injustice trial for people that have just exercised their duties professionally and efficiently”.

Another interview was made with Dr. Nada Dhaif and Fatima Haji...

Host, asking Dr Nada Dhaif (female and a mother of two), who was also sentenced to 15 years: “Is it fair to say you were with the protestors? You supported them?”


Dr. Fatima Haji and Dr Nada Dhaif


Dr Nada: “No. Not at all. It’s a primary care unit that was established at the roundabout to help patients, regardless of their sects, regardless of their political background”.

Host interrupting: “So, this was just a humanitarian act?”.

Dr Nada: “Absolutely”.

Host: “And tell me, what happened when you were arrested?”.

Dr Nada: “I was kidnapped from my house. I was not arrested because I didn’t know at that time that those were police forces or security forces”.

Host: “They didn’t identify themselves?”.

Dr Nada: “No, they didn’t themselves. They were not wearing their uniforms. They were in civilian clothes. The abuse started immediately”.

Host: “So, how did they treat you once in custody?”

Dr Nada: “That was painful. It was a process of torture. All means of violations. I was sexually harassed. Beaten. Cursed. All of that just to obtain the confessions and to force me to sign papers and to sign those confessions”.

Host: “You’re a mother, you’re saying. What will happen to your family if you are sentenced to jail?”

Dr Nada: “My family will be completely lost. My whole life will be ruined. The life of my kids. They’re still blaming me for being absent for two months. I was gone. And they didn’t hear from me. Still, they wake at night. They come to my room. They hug me. I always sense the fear in my kids that their mother will just disappear.”




Then the host directs his question to Dr Fatima Haji: “Fatima, can I ask you briefly. What is it that you hope will happen now?”.

Dr Fatima: “My request is for all the international NGOs. The human rights societies. The Governments. Just to interfere. We are a group of innocent doctors, nurses and paramedics. All what we did is to just help people who were injured”.

The link to the videos and original post by Channel 4 News:
http://www.channel4.com/news/doctor-jailed-in-bahrain-claims-he-was-tortured

The real reasons behind sentencing those doctors is that they witnessed all attrocities committed by the regime's brutal security forces, they treated the wounded protestors, they're Shiites and they had all the evidences that prove vividly that the regime committed crimes against humanity.

Those doctors are the most elite doctors in Bahrain.

Doctors sentences...
Dr. Ali Al-Ekri (15 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Nader Diwani (15 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Ahmed Abdul Aziz Omran (15 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Mahmoud Asghar (15 Years imprisonment)
Rola Al Saffar (15 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Abdulkhaleq Al-Oraibi (15 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Ghassan Dhaif (15 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Bassim Dhaif (15 Years imprisonment)
Sayed Marhoon Al-Wedaie (15 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Nada Dhaif (15 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Fatima Haji (5 Years imprisonment)
Dheya Ibrahim Abu Idris (5 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Najah Khalil Al-Haddad (5 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Saeed Al-Samahiji (10 Years imprisonment)
Dr. Zahra Al-Sammak (5 Years imprisonment)
Ali Hassan Alsadadi (15 Years imprisonment)
Ibrahim Abdullah Ibrahim (15 Years imprisonment)
Hassan Mohammed Said (10 Years imprisonment)
Mohammed Faiq Ali (5 Years imprisonment)
Qassim Mohammed Omran (15 Years imprisonment)


Dr Fatim Haji, (via a web cam) in a short video says, "I'm not going to tell my 3 year old son: mama is going to jail”:




Dr Fareeda Al-Dallal, wife of Dr Ali Al-Ekri (sentenced to 15 years imprisonment) talks about how she was arrested, tortured and beaten...



What a SHAME!!!! What a SHAME....

No comments:

Post a Comment